Saturday, 10 January 2015

Inspiration for film style Animatics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaKgTplOltc
Chris Heady's work was the first I came across in Youtube when seaarching through the right kind of animatics to help inspire me. Like Game of Thrones, I really enjoy action and voilence in most films or series, which brought me to this video stylings of an animatic for a Batman Film called : Batman the Last Laugh. I enjoyed watchig this video because I liked how it had quick, scratchy sketches instead of the detailed, shaded. I also took a look at his website which I can tell had alot of inspirational artwork of film stars and movies. Here is a link to his work:
http://www.chrisheady.com/artist.html



https://vimeo.com/49660736
I managed to find a very creative artist through vimeo called Ryan Woodward who does a mixture of art, animation and film. I love his sketchy but shaded animatics through how even though they are short they tell an interesting story. He also does amazing storyboarding for major companies such as: Warner Brothers Feature Animation
Walt Disney Pictures
Sony Pictures
Cartoon Network
Marvel Entertainment
Universal Studios
Dreamworks Pictures
http://ryanwoodwardart.com/studiowork/

Marc Vena does a series storybarding for all different types of companies. Many for advertising, studio and film. I came across his detailed storyboards for the film 'OZ The Great and Powerful' which he done mainly in marker. His stylings desn't seem to be the typical type of storyboarding where there is little detail and rushed but more in depth with what the characters look like and the scene environment. Here is a link to his website: http://marcvenafilmart.com/film/


Storyboards Inc. is a company which with holds some of the most talented animators and storyboard artists up to date who do a majority of animations mainly for advertising and promotional work. I love the detail and definition with how they use pe and colour to show the full story before the main production. Also not only do they do 2D animatic they also do 3D as well which I find very creative.
Here is a link to there website: http://storyboardsinc.com/animatics/index/#5360







No comments:

Post a Comment